CAO is featured in the December 19 2014 issue of Newsweek, with extensive coverage of CAO’s role in advancing international efforts to reduce greenhouse gases from tropical deforestation. The story focuses on CAO’s laser technology, and the team’s approach to creating high-resolution maps of how much carbon (biomass) is locked up in tropical forests of Peru. This country contains more than 70 million hectares, or 175 million acres, of tropical forests in the lowland Amazon as well as the Andes Mountains.
- The cutting-edge technologies allowing us to monitor ecosystems like never before
- Spatial Ecology of Coral Reefs: The Search for Resilience and Resistance to Global Environmental Change
- Hawaii considers banning certain sunscreens to protect coral reefs
- Airborne observatory, drone photography among weapons researchers are using in battle against rapid ohia death
- The Health of the Sierra Forests